There is a proverb in the United Kingdom: “An apple a day, the doctor is away from me.” In fact, the efficacy of bananas is comparable. Bananas contain vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C and vitamin E; in addition, it is also rich in minerals such as potassium, zinc and iron. The Times of India recently took stock of the beneficial effects of bananas.
1. Control blood pressure. Studies have shown that potassium in bananas can control blood pressure levels and also help reduce blood pressure.
2. Improve mental power. Bananas are a good source of B vitamins, which help to stimulate nerve function and improve learning ability.
3. Reduce the risk of stroke. Studies have shown that regular consumption of bananas helps reduce the risk of stroke. Bananas are rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber, and eating them often reduces the risk of cancer.
4. Keep the bones healthy. Probiotics found in bananas can better absorb calcium in the body and help bone health.
5. Enhance digestion. Probiotics contained in bananas help the body to produce biochemical enzymes that better absorb nutrients, thereby improving the body’s ability to digest and preventing unfriendly bacteria from damaging the body. In addition, bananas also have astringent properties, and bananas are effective in treating diarrhea.
6. Reduce constipation. The pectin contained in the banana can relieve constipation, and the ripe banana can also moisten the intestines.