The recent outbreak of the new coronavirus in Wuhan, China, is a more effective precaution against personal hygiene. Wash hands and wear masks when you are not in a crowded place. Let’s learn more about prevention.
How to wear surgical masks:
- Cover the mask with the nose, mouth, and chin. The strap below the mask is tied behind the neck, and the strap above is tied to the middle of the top of the head.
- Place the tips of your two fingers on the nose clip, starting from the middle position, press with your finger inward, and gradually move to both sides to shape the nose clip according to the shape of the nose bridge.
- Adjust the tightness of the strap.
How to wear medical protective masks:
- Hold the protective mask with one hand and the side with the nose clip facing away.
- Put the protective mask on the nose, mouth and chin, and the nose clip part should be close to the face.
- Use your other hand to pull the lower strap over the head and place it under the ears behind the neck.
- Pull the upper strap to the middle of the top of your head.
- Place the tips of two fingers on the metal nose clip, starting from the middle position, press the nose clip with your fingers inward, and move and press to the sides respectively to shape the nose clip.
Staff demonstrates correct wearing of masks
Fingertips and thumbs are easily overlooked
Liang Jiansheng, director of the Disinfection and Vector Biological Control Institute of Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that hand washing should be carried out under running water. Take an appropriate amount of hand sanitizer (soap) and apply it evenly to the entire palm. Rub your hands carefully for at least 15 seconds. To clean all skin and finger joints, there are 6 steps:
- Palms facing each other, fingers rubbing together.
- Rub the palms of your hands along the back of your fingers and alternate with each other.
3, palms facing each other, hands crossed fingers rubbing each other.
- Bend each finger joint and rub it in the palm of the other hand.
- Hold the thumb in one hand and rotate and rub the thumb, and exchange.
- Put the tips of five fingers together on the palm of the other hand to rotate and knead.
Finally, rinse your hands under running water, wipe them dry, and use paper towels.
Six steps to properly washing your hands
How to choose a variety of masks in the pharmacy? Do I have to wear a “net red” N95 mask when going out? In order to prevent common respiratory diseases in winter and spring, on the 19th, Liang Jiansheng, director of the Disinfection and Vector Biological Control Center of Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention, introduced the correct way to choose and wear a mask for netizens and readers.
Liang Jiansheng introduced that the common masks on the market can be divided into three types-medical surgical masks, medical protective masks (N95 masks) and ordinary cotton gauze masks. Among them, medical surgical masks can block 70% of bacteria, and N95 masks can block 95%. Bacteria, while cotton gauze masks can only block 36% of bacteria, so we should choose the first two masks.
“Medical surgical masks have three layers, which are waterproof layer, filter layer, and comfort layer from the outside to the inside. The comfort layer is a layer of non-woven fabric. When wearing, the white non-woven fabric faces inward and the blue waterproof layer faces outward. One side of the metal sheet is facing up. Don’t wear it upside down. Hang the rubber bands on your ears and pinch the metal sheet to fit the nose to smooth the cheeks so that there is no gap between the mask and the face. “Liang Jiansheng said.
He introduced that the commonly used N95 masks are actually divided into two types, one is a bio-proof mask (blue-green), model 1860 or 9132; one is a dust-proof mask (white), model 8210. Citizens should choose bio-proof medical protective masks when purchasing. When wearing an anti-biomedical protective mask, put the mask on the face, first fix the lower rubber band on the neck, then the upper rubber band on the head, pinch the metal sheet so that the mask fits the face No gaps left.
Liang Jiansheng introduced that if people go to public places and do not contact patients, wearing medical surgical masks is enough to avoid excessive protection, but if they will come in contact with patients, they should wear bio-proof N95 masks. Medical surgical masks are generally sold in pharmacies. Medical N95 masks can only be purchased at new drug specialty drug stores or medical equipment companies located on Hankou Aviation Road.