Recently, I heard a friend complaining that I had just had a medical examination. When the report came out, he actually had fatty liver! ! ! The friend claimed that he was obviously very thin. He said that he did not belong to the type of “visible to the naked eye”, and he usually did not drink alcohol. How did he get fatty liver?
In fact, the disease that this friend of Health Jun found is called non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD, hereinafter referred to as fatty liver), which is a disease in which extra fat accumulates in the liver. The prevalence of fatty liver in the general adult is between 6.3% and 45%, of which 10% to 30% is nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. In Beijing and Shanghai, the prevalence of fatty liver is close to 1/3.
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFL) is the most common type of fatty liver, but it must meet the following three conditions:
- No history of drinking, or weekly alcohol consumption (ethanol) in the past 12 months <210g for men and <140g for women.
- No application of amiodarone, methotrexate, glucocorticoids, etc., and exclusion of genotype 3 hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, hepatolenticular degeneration, autoimmune hepatitis, celiac disease, etc. can cause fat Specific diseases of the liver.
- There are liver pathology and imaging changes, and similar to alcoholic liver disease, but no excessive drinking history.
If you get this disease, it usually looks like it’s okay, you can find it after a medical examination. In addition to licking your chest and suspicion, how can you get this disease? What many people are most surprised about is how to eat in the future? Can you eat fatty liver without eating? Can you drink alcohol? Is it grazing in the future?
Let’s first take a brief look at how the excess fat goes into the liver.
How does fat enter the liver?
There are many causes of fatty liver, but high-fat, high-calorie diets and sedentary lifestyles are the main causes of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
A lot of fat in the food is eaten by us, and they are usually metabolized by the liver and other tissues. But after all, even you can’t stand 996, the body is also. Once the fat is too much, more than the body needs, a part of the excess fat will be stored in the liver, so the fatty liver will come.
Fatty liver has a hazard
A healthy liver should be like this? Generally no fat or only a small amount of fat. A small amount of fat does not have much impact on health. However, there is too much fat in the liver, and the risk of various diseases can be embarrassed. Diabetes, heart disease and stroke may find you.
Further, so much fat stays in the liver for a long time, and liver cells may develop inflammation, also known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Non-alcoholic fatty liver develops 5% to 10% of cirrhosis, and the proportion of liver cancer develops is about 1% to 2%. At the same time, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome are also like ghosts. I am entangled in you.
Fatty liver patients are usually obese. The prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in obese people was 60% to 90%, which was significantly higher than that of overweight (27.6%) and normal weight (6.1%).
The scary thing about fatty liver is that you have fatty liver and you are likely to have more diseases at the same time. For example, patients with fatty liver usually have obesity (51.3%), hyperlipidemia (69.2%), and hypertension (39.3%). ), type 2 diabetes (22.5%) and metabolic syndrome (42.5%).
Fatty liver is very common and must be controlled. Fortunately, diet and exercise are promising in this regard. Whether you are trying to prevent or have had fatty liver, these few tips can help you live a healthier life!
1, Controlling heat is king
If you have a BMI >24kg/m2, or a waist circumference of >90 cm and a female >85 cm, you need to eat 500 to 1000 calories per day on the original basis, but the total calorie intake per day cannot be less than 800 calories, otherwise It can also cause damage to the liver.
If you find it difficult to calculate, you can start by subtracting the original 1/4 amount from each meal.
2, Eating and grabbing 6 tips
Some studies have shown that the Mediterranean diet may help reduce fat in the liver. The essence of the Mediterranean diet can be simply summarized as: eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, pods, nuts, fish and poultry, use olive oil or rapeseed oil, and eat less red meat. You can eat like this on weekdays:
- Using whole grains, beans and roots as staple foods can increase dietary fiber intake.
- The amount of staple food per meal is about 1/4 of the plate.
- Choose a lot of plant proteins (such as soy products).
- It is preferred to peel white meat (such as fish and poultry, poultry), limit the intake of red meat (such as pork, beef and mutton), eat up to twice a week, try not to eat processed meat (such as sausage, bacon), animal skin and fertilizer meat.
- The daily protein intake can be 1 gram / kg body weight, the amount of protein per meal is about 1/4 plate.
Fruit and vegetable:
- Eat more vegetables and fruits: 5 servings of vegetables of various colors per day (approximately the amount of vegetables that one hand can hold).
- The variety of fruits is as rich as possible, but not every amount. You can match the colorful fruits in the way of “satisfying a rainbow every day” (so you can get the perfect rainbow fart to the leader the next day!).
- If conditions permit, it is best to eat fresh fruit. It is really impossible to choose dried fruit.
- Dietary fiber intake should be 25g per day, and each meal of vegetables should be roughly satisfied with 1/2 plate.
- Drink less or better not drink.
- Drink less or better not drink sugary drinks: factors that make you gain weight will increase fatty liver.
- For daily beverages, choose unsweetened green tea, barley tea, lemonade, etc., preferably white water, or drink milk or yogurt.
Edible oils and nuts:
- Stir-fry oil is recommended for sunflower oil, linseed oil, tea oil and other vegetable oils. Olive oil is recommended for cold salads, but it is best to buy small packages of various oils, often alternating.
- Nuts, eat one a day, such as walnuts and almonds. The fat content of nuts should not be underestimated.
- Fried food, can not eat without eating.
- Do not choose high-calorie foods, limit sweets, snacks, and nightingales. Because of eating high-calorie foods, the intake of saturated fatty acids is easily exceeded.
- Try to eat less refined pastries and ice cream.
Don’t think that you can’t eat meat because you have fatty liver. Meat is rich in protein. Protein deficiency can also affect fat metabolism and cause fatty liver. Moreover, the satiety of protein is very strong. If you only eat “grass”, it is inevitable to eat a lot of staple food to fill your stomach, and it is easy to form fatty liver. The best way is to have a balanced diet.
3, Weight loss is the only way
In addition, studies have shown that 5% weight loss can reduce liver fat accumulation; and when weight loss reaches 7% to 10%, it may reduce inflammation and damage of liver cells.
Therefore, it is recommended to reduce 0.4 to 0.8 kilograms per week. Don’t lose too much at once. Not only can you not eat hot tofu, but it can exacerbate liver inflammation and fibrosis. If you can gradually reduce your weight by 8% and maintain it, you may be able to return your liver to health.
Fatty liver is generally found by liver ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). However, 10% to 30% of patients with fatty liver have steatohepatitis, and these tests cannot be found with steatohepatitis. A biopsy is required.
If you are worried about having fatty liver, it is recommended to go to the hospital or physical examination center for further examination.