If your daily diet is healthy enough and you have enough calories to support your exercise every day, then you don’t need to eat anything before you exercise. But if you want to maintain your energy level, then eating some snacks may be a good choice.
Choosing the right snack helps keep your energy levels. At the same time, in order to ensure that your body’s water content is sufficient before exercise, experts recommend that you drink 16-20 ounces of water 1-2 hours before starting exercise.
Experts believe that it is best to eat low-fat snacks before exercise, about 100-300 calories, to provide the protein and carbohydrates you need for exercise. The carbohydrates give you the fuel you need, and the protein is good for growing muscle.
You can try these 9 delicious snacks before exercise:
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries or dried cranberries;
- Whole wheat bread with butter and banana chips;
- Yogurt fruit smoothie;
- Greek yogurt low-fat granola and berries;
- Half a turkey sandwich;
- Use raw vegetables to simmer hummus;
- 1 ounce of whole wheat crackers and low fat cheese;
- Cheese and apple or banana;
- Mix nuts and dried fruit snacks.
Dietary taboo before exercise:
Fasting high-fat or high-fiber foods because these foods can make your stomach uncomfortable and they take longer to convert into energy.