Bitter gourd, bitter on the mouth, is one of the vegetables that many people like to eat.
Recently, some readers consulted Xiaobian. Can gout sufferers eat bitter gourd? If bitter gourd works, what is the correct way to eat it?
To answer this question, the content of this issue will be around bitter gourd!
First, the nutritional value of bitter gourd
Bitter gourd, also known as “cold melon” and “gold lychee”, is a common vegetable for both medicine and food. Some people even praise it for “not passing on their own bitterness and other things.”
From the perspective of Chinese medicine, many parts of bitter gourd can be used as medicine, such as roots, vines, leaves and fruits. In terms of efficacy, bitter gourd can clear heat and detoxify, and its name is suitable for heat stroke, toothache, diarrhea, dysentery, blood in the stool, etc.
Therefore, friends who often eat bitter gourds will have these types of benefits:
- Promote appetite: The components of bitter gourd and bitterin in bitter gourd have the effect of promoting appetite after being taken into the human body, and it is an essential dish for appetizing in summer.
- Lower blood sugar: In bitter gourd, a substance similar to insulin can be extracted, which has the effect of lowering blood sugar.
3, nourishing blood and nourishing the liver: bitter gourd is cold, ripe is warm. If you eat bitter gourd raw, you can clear the heat and relieve heat. If you eat bitter gourd cooked, you can nourish the spleen and kidney, clear your eyes.
In this case, is bitter gourd suitable for gout patients?
Can gout sufferers eat bitter gourd?
Through the introduction above, we all know the benefits of many bitter gourds. So, does eating it have a relief effect on gout patients?
The answer is yes. Gout eating bitter gourd can urinate and lower blood sugar.
· Diuresis and blood circulation, lowering uric acid: Because bitter gourd belongs to low-purine, low-fat alkaline foods, the unique alkaloids in the ingredients can play the role of diuretic and blood circulation, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic, and can help gout patients to accelerate the excretion and elimination of uric acid Swelling and fever.
In addition, bitter gourd is rich in vitamin C, and friends who eat it often are also good for reducing the level of uric acid in the blood.
Gout with hyperglycemia: Patients with gout and high uric acid usually cause many complications, and hyperglycemia is one of them. Eating bitter melon often can help lower blood sugar.
Third, gout sufferers eat bitter gourd, you can do this
· Bitter Gourd Mustard Pork Soup
Ingredients: Bitter melon 150g, lean pork, 50g each mustard, proper cooking wine and salt
- Wash and chop bitter gourd and mustard first. Subsequently, the lean pork was washed and sliced, and marinated with salt and cooking wine.
- Add an appropriate amount of water to the pot, boil the meat slices, then pour the boiling water from the pot, re-add the appropriate amount of water, add bitter melon and mustard and cook until cooked, add salt to season.